Healthy Livonia has launched its first community-wide fitness initiative, using CARROT as the high-tech centerpiece to motivate citizens and businesses to live healthier, more active lives.
“The Affordable Care Act requires hospitals to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment to identify health issues encountered in a hospital’s service area as well as to develop possible strategies to address these issues, adopt an implementation plan at least every three years, and be prepared to monitor and measure its progress.”
Ability to monitor? Check.
Affordable for non-profits of any size? Check.
A mobile tool that allows hospitals to fully implement their plan to address their community’s health needs? Check.
When it comes to community health and wellness, CARROT checks (and thinks outside of) all the boxes!
Beaumont Health recently sponsored a “Summer Sweepstakes” contest on CARROT as part of its community health and wellness initiative. The response from users was, quite simply, off-the-charts:
(1) There were 153,801 entries in Beaumont’s Summer Sweepstakes contest on CARROT – meaning participants redeemed nearly 154-million steps in pursuit of $250 in Amazon Gift Cards!
(2) Participants walked about 70,000 miles to enter the drawing, roughly the equivalent of walking:
31,777 trips from the U.S. Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial,
14,000 trips over the Mackinac Bridge,
11,461 trips around Central Park, or
25 trips from New York City to Los Angeles.
(3) Walking a circuit around Metro Detroit to all eight Beaumont Hospitals would require about 242,000 steps – meaning the participants walked the equivalent of 636 “Beaumont Loops”.
(4) Beaumont’s offer of $250 in prizes resulted in more than 615,000 steps per dollar invested!
(5) CARROT users were attracted to Beaumont’s contest in huge numbers. In the course of purchasing nearly 154,000 entries, users viewed the Beaumont reward about 680,000 times during the month of July.