Welcome to the Special Tree Survivor Challenge!
Amazon gift cards for 1st ($25), 2nd ($15) and 3rd place ($10). Ties, if any, will be broken by random drawing.
This is a last-person-standing contest; fail to make your goal one day & you will be eliminated.
July 19 is the first day participants must achieve their personal activity goal. IMPORTANT: You must open and refresh your CARROT app each day before NOON to report your previous day's activity data. (See rules below.)
41 Out Competition:
SPECIAL TREE SURVIVOR CHALLENGE RULES
(1) MAKE YOUR GOAL: You must meet your goal and properly report your personal activity progress each day of the competition. The first day you fail to meet your goal or properly report your activity progress, you will be eliminated from the contest.
(2) REPORTING PROGRESS: You must report your activity data by opening and refreshing the CARROT app after you have achieved your goal each and every day of the contest. This must be completed BEFORE 12:00 NOON ET each day to report the PREVIOUS DAY’S activity; failure to do so will eliminate you from the competition. The steps data reported to CARROT by 12:00 NOON ET each day will be final.
In the interest of fairness to all competitors, the activity data reported to CARROT must be verifiable and show that you met or surpassed your daily goal. If the number reported is less than your goal, you will be eliminated, regardless of the circumstances (the battery died on your phone or fitness tracker, you did not properly link with Apple Health or GoogleFit, you failed to properly sync your app, etc.)
(3) TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS: CARROT will send you reminders if you have forgotten to report your steps data, so although this is not compulsory, you are STRONGLY ADVISED to allow notifications from CARROT during the competition.
(4) FITBIT USERS PROCEED WITH CAUTION: If you want to use the steps data from a Fitbit, you do so at your own risk. The Fitbit cloud (where Fitbit data is stored) can be inconsistent in terms of how long it takes to report steps data to CARROT. Using a Fitbit means there is a chance you may not be credited with the previous day’s steps data until AFTER the noon deadline, leading to your disqualification from the challenge (even if CARROT learns later that you did meet your goal). If you do choose to use a Fitbit, we recommend that you open and refresh your Fitbit app AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER MEETING YOUR GOAL each day. Again, many CARROT users have reported that syncing can take a significant amount of time, so please wait until syncing is fully completed before opening and refreshing CARROT – but you MUST complete that BEFORE 12:00 NOON ET to report the previous day’s data.
(5) FOR THOSE USING OTHER FITNESS TRACKERS: If you use a tracker other than Fitbit, you must sync that device’s data before opening CARROT. We recommend you do this as early as possible each day.
(6) FOR THOSE USING A FITNESS APP: If you use a companion activity app (such as Pacer) to track steps, you must open and refresh that app before opening and refreshing CARROT.
(7) WINNER: The contest will continue until only one person remains in the competition, or until the final day of the competition is reached. (Note: Unless stated otherwise, Survivor Challenges will end after a maximum of 60 days.) Ties, if any, will be broken by random drawing.
(8) QUESTIONS: The CARROT Team reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Questions regarding the competition should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Special Tree Survivor Challenge” in the subject line.