CARROT Reward Sweepstakes Giveaways & CARROT Contests
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OUR SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these rules before entering a CARROT Reward Sweepstakes Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”). You agree that, by submitting an entry, you will be bound by these Official Rules and you acknowledge that you satisfy all sweepstakes eligibility requirements.
Eligibility. If you are the older of 18 years of age or, in the case of United States residents, the legal age of majority in your state of residence at the time of entry, you are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Our employees and our employees’ immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren), and our affiliates, advisors or advertising/promotion agencies (and their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period is clearly stated on the reward offer listing on the CARROT Wellness app. For the purposes of these Sweepstakes, each day is understood to begin at 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET).
How to Enter. To enter during the Sweepstakes Period you must enter via either Entry Method #1 or Entry Method #2 below:
Entry Method #1: Registered CARROT Wellness app users will receive one (1) entry each time they verify, by acting on the posted Sweepstakes reward item, that they are using the CARROT Wellness app during the Sweepstakes Period from their CARROT Wellness account using any compatible mobile device. Registered CARROT Wellness app users can enter as many times as they’d like during the Sweepstakes Period (“Unlimited Entries”). Standard data fees for mobile data service may apply when entering via a mobile device. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
Entry Method #2: You may receive up to one (1) entry without having a CARROT account for each 3”x5” card you send with your name, address, e-mail address and phone number to: CARROT Rewards Giveaway, CARROT Pass LLC, 628 E. Parent Ave., Suite 100, Royal Oak, MI 48067. In addition, because multiple Sweepstakes may be held at any one time, you MUST identify the specific Sweepstakes Reward for which your entry is intended. Enter as many times as you like by sending individual 3”x5” cards during the Sweepstakes Period.
To be eligible for a Sweepstakes drawing, we must receive eligible entries by 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on the posted deadline day, except for mail-in entries which must be postmarked no later than five (5) days before the deadline day and received by the deadline day.
Mailing List. By entering the Sweepstakes, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other materials from CARROT Pass LLC or from the sponsoring agency, if applicable. CARROT Pass LLC will not share contact information obtained through the Sweepstakes with any other entity.
Other Promotions. Please note that we may be running multiple sweepstakes at the same time. By entering an individual Sweepstakes, you will not be eligible to receive any prize awarded in any other sweepstakes unless you enter each sweepstakes separately.
Prizes. The specific prize and prize value will be listed on the CARROT Wellness app during each Sweepstakes period. Winners will be: (a) responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prize that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, taxes, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by winner in receiving or using the prize; and (b) may be required to submit his/her social security number or tax payer ID number to Sponsor or its prize provider agency in order to claim the prize.
Prize Drawing. A random drawing will be held within 72 hours after the deadline from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. We will notify the potential winners by phone or e-mail within three (3) business days following the drawing, and the potential winners may be required to sign an Eligibility Statement and Release. We will select an alternative potential winner if a potential winner does not claim the prize within 72 hours of notification, or meet the eligibility criteria. Potential winners will not be confirmed a winner and will not receive a prize until we verify and approve a potential winner per the procedure outlined above. The prizes will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Additional Terms. We may, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and in our sole discretion, change these rules or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time; or modify, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes should viruses, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond our control corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or submission of entries. We are not responsible for: (a) lost, misdirected, late, postage due, incomplete, or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries; (b) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; (c) any error in the operation or transmission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, CARROT Wellness app functionality or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software, malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or (d) injury or damage to your or any other mobile device or computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes. We may, in our sole discretion, disqualify any individual found to be: (x) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, CARROT Wellness app or website; (y) acting in violation of these rules; or (z) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If your entry is incomplete or if you use robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods, your entry will be void. The authorized user of the CARROT Wellness account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules in the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account or address. No greater than the listed prizes stated on the CARROT Wellness app will be awarded. If any technical errors occur in the selection of the potential prize winners or if more prizes are claimed than those being awarded as provided on the CARROT Wellness app, we may award the prizes by random drawing from among all eligible claimants.
Miscellaneous. All Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are © 2017 by CARROT Pass LLC, and its affiliates. All rights reserved. If you win a prize, you may not transfer, assign, or redeem the prize for cash. We may substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Each winner agrees (for himself or herself and his or her heirs) that, by accepting the prize, we, along with each of our respective affiliates and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability, and will be held harmless by the winner for any liability, loss, injury or damage to property or person, including death, and attorney’s fees and court costs, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Sweepstakes, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of any of the Released Parties. You agree that our decisions related to the Sweepstakes and the random drawing are final. Winners agree that, by participating in the Sweepstakes, we may use their name, image or likeness in any manner and in any medium for our promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, and we may be required to disclose the winner’s address to state regulatory authorities.
Other Contests Including Survivor Challenges. Rules for all other CARROT Wellness contests will be posted on the app and/or accompanying leaderboard for each particular contest. CARROT Pass LLC reserves the right to change contest rules at its sole discretion.
Sponsor. CARROT Pass LLC (“we” or “us”), 628 E. Parent Ave., Suite 100, Royal Oak, MI 48067.
Privacy Notice: All information submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes will be treated in accordance with these Official Rules and CARROTwellness.com’s Privacy Notice http://www.carrotwellness.com/privacypolicy.
CARROT SURVIVOR CHALLEGE OFFICIAL RULES
(1) MAKE YOUR GOAL: You must meet your goal and properly report your personal activity progress each day of the competition. The first day you fail to meet your goal or properly report your activity progress, you will be eliminated from the contest.
(2) REPORTING PROGRESS: You must report your previous day’s activity by opening and refreshing the CARROT app each morning. This must be completed BEFORE 12:00 NOON ET each day; failure to do so will eliminate you from the competition. The steps data reported to CARROT by 12:00 NOON ET each day will be final.
In the interest of fairness to all competitors, the activity data reported to CARROT must be verifiable and show that you met or surpassed your daily goal. If the number reported is less than your goal, you will be eliminated, regardless of the circumstances (the battery died on your phone or fitness tracker, you did not properly link with Apple Health or GoogleFit, you failed to properly sync your app, etc.)
(3) TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS: CARROT will send you reminders if you have forgotten to report your steps data, so although this is not a contest rule, you are STRONGLY ADVISED to allow notifications from CARROT during the competition.
(4) FITBIT USERS PROCEED WITH CAUTION: If you want to use the steps data from a Fitbit, you do so at your own risk. The Fitbit cloud (where Fitbit data is stored) can be inconsistent in terms of how long it takes to report steps data to CARROT. Using a Fitbit means there is a chance you may not be credited with the previous day’s steps data until AFTER the noon deadline, leading to your disqualification from the challenge (even if CARROT learns later that you did meet your goal). If you do choose to use a Fitbit, we recommend that you open and refresh your Fitbit app AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE each morning. Again, many CARROT users have reported that syncing can take a significant amount of time, so please wait until syncing is fully completed before opening and refreshing CARROT – but you MUST complete that BEFORE 12:00 NOON ET.
(5) FOR THOSE USING OTHER FITNESS TRACKERS: If you use a tracker other than Fitbit, you must sync that device’s data before opening CARROT. We recommend you do this as early as possible each day.
(6) FOR THOSE USING A FITNESS APP: If you use a companion activity app (such as Pacer) to track steps, you must open and refresh that app before opening and refreshing CARROT each morning.
(7) WINNER: The contest will continue until only one person remains in the competition, or until the final day of the competition is reached. (Note: Unless stated otherwise, Survivor Challenges will end after a maximum of 60 days.) If two or more people are still active after the competition has reached its conclusion, ties will be broken by random draw.
(8) QUESTIONS: The CARROT Team reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Questions regarding the competition should be sent to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name (prize) of the specific Survivor Challenge in the subject line.
CARROT GOLF "VERSUS" OFFICIAL RULES
(1) SCORING: Each contestant’s team score will be determined by the total score (strokes) of all golfers selected for the duration of the tournament.
(2) SELECT ALL GOLFERS: Contestants who did NOT select a golfer from each and every posted matchup will NOT be eligible for prizes.
(3) WINNER: The contestant with the lowest team score will receive the Grand Prize. Prizes will be sent by email within 72 after the conclusion of the contest.
(4) TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE: Ties will be broken based on each team’s highest-placing golfer. If three or more teams are tied, those with the lowest (best) individual finisher will remain while all others will be eliminated. This procedure will be followed for the second-best finisher, third-best finisher, etc. until the tie is broken. If ties cannot be broken following this procedure, a random drawing will be held.
(5) MISSING THE CUT: Golfers who miss the cut will receive prorated scores, based on their tournament average, for the remaining rounds.
(6) DQ’S: In the event any golfer withdraws or is disqualified before completing two rounds, the matchup involving that golfer will be eliminated from the competition and will not be considered in the final results.
(7) FINAL DECISIONS: Any and all disputes regarding the competition, contest rules and awarding of prizes will be mediated by the CARROT Versus Committee whose decisions shall be final.
(8) QUESTIONS: The CARROT Team reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Questions regarding the competition should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the specific contest in the subject line.